Monday 17 September 2012

Foundation Journal Day 4 Drawing With Stitches

Day 3 was last Thursday and I only had an Introduction to Art History. I have switched classes to the afternoon so that I can work as Artist in Residence at Trinity School (my old school).
I am working there every other week on Thursday and Friday, it's  every other week because they have a two week time table. I have just found out I am going to be working with year 7s with the title Kitsch.
My friend (a graphic designer) gave me a book on Type Design which can be included as a form of Typography. I think Type Design is more the direction I would want to take my project.

Day 4 Monday 14th

We used sewing as a drawing technique today, but I didn't manage to go on the sewing machine so I just did it by hand. My practical teachers for the next month or so as both designer and so we're exploring different conceptual techniques from their subjects. I experimented by sewed over a photocopy of one of my drawings from Day 2 and the final images came out of the back of the paper. It wasn't as good as it could have been, I definitely want to               try using a machine at some point.


I am putting it up on the web as just an experiment, would love to know what people thought as I may not carry it on if people don't seem that interested. Would love to hear critics and feedback, so please do leave a comment bellow.

Click for Day 1 & 2

No comments:

Post a Comment