Saturday 15 September 2012

Foundation Journal Day 1 & 2



I have just started my foundation course and have been asked to keep a journal for the entirety of the course. I am putting it up on the web as just an experiment, would love to know what people thought as I may not carry it on if people don't seem that interested. Would love to hear critics and feedback, so please do leave a comment bellow.


Day 1 Tuesday 11th

Worked hard, did quite a few drawing exercises which I had done before but never all in the space of one day and as many times. Exercises such as Blind Drawing and Continuous Drawing. Became a bit difficult but nothing completely new just concentrated. Found 10 images for research the night before which was what I drew from, have to find 10 more photographs or objects for tomorrow.

Day 2 Wednesday 12th

Becoming more comfortable with the drawing exercises, finding it hard naturally to draw big (A2). Happier with my work by the end of the day, not sure if my research is any good. I have found quite a few photographs/images now and also an old bottle with Lightning Cough Cure embossed on it, an Iron Fist label and a dictionary. Understanding the drawing award better now (which is what all of this is towards) but finding it all quite physically hard.

Forgot to say - The research project, everyone was given a library book number and told to go find their random book/s, and that would be our starting point. Mine was Experimental Typography and Working With Type 5 Exhibitions. Really not sure about it.



My drawing after the first day.

My favourite drawing, done at the end of the two days.

My drawings from day 2.

Would love to hear critics or feedback, so please do comment or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment